Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7:30PM on Monday 14th May 2018 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL
Present: Mark Millmore (Chair), Marc Mohan, Neil Duggan, Gitta Ferguson, Neil Flanagan, Andy Coultas, David Cooper
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), members of the public
1. Election of a Chairman and signing the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Mark Millmore was unanimously elected as Chairman and signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
2. Election of a Vice-Chairman
Marc Mohan was unanimously elected as Vice-Chairman.
3. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Ange Tyler.
It was noted that Jane Davies had resigned, creating one vacancy on the Parish Council.
4. Declarations of Interest
6. Open Session
The meeting was adjourned for the public open session.
1. Ward Councillor’s Report
No report available.
2. Footpath Officer’s Report
The Footpaths Officer provided an update. The whole rights of way network had been walked and 11 separate issues had been reported to Balfour Beatty Living Places. Path HO10 had been strimmed (both ends).
Research had been undertaken regarding a right of way that had been abandoned; unfortunately as the route had not been used for 20+ years it was unlikely that it could be re-established.
3. Public participation
No comments were received.
The meeting resumed following the public open session.
7. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on Monday 9th April 2018.
The minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chairman.
8. Progress reports
1. Dog fouling bins/posters
No date for the installation of the dog fouling bins had been supplied by Balfour Beatty Living Places.
2. Traffic calming provision (S106)
Balfour Beatty Living Places had completed the traffic surveys and the topographical survey work and were analysing the results. It was hoped that initial proposals would be prepared and discussed with the Parish Council in the next month.
It was agreed to ask for confirmation on how much of the S106 funding would be spent and whether there would be surplus.
3. Petition regarding proposed future cycleway on Roman Road
Herefordshire Council had responded to the petition and confirmed that measures were in hand to mitigate the safety concerns raised.
4. Lengthsman contract for services
Additional tenders had been received from Andy Thomas and Dave Campbell. It was agreed to continue using Richard Mills Farm Services as they had provided a good service to date and remained competitive.
1. To consider request to support introduction of a lower speed limit / traffic calming at Shelwick
It was hoped that the proposed traffic calming scheme would resolve the concerns raised and the Clerk would respond to the resident accordingly.
1. P174391/F – Land at Green Farm Shelwick Green Hereford. Demolition of an existing barn and erection of a new dwelling.
It was agreed to object to the application on the basis of the demolition of an important heritage asset. If a subsequent application was submitted there would be no objection to a sympathetic conversion and restoration.
2. 180941 (Re-consultation) – Land adjoining Ivydene, Munstone, Herefordshire. Application for Reserved Matters following Outline permission 172671 for two storey dwelling with detached garage.
This application had been discussed at a previous meeting and it was agreed to reiterate the objection previously lodged with the planning department:
The Parish Council object to the application because of the proposed orientation of the building. It is felt that the gable end (currently the north elevation) should face the road as it would be more aesthetically pleasing and in keeping with the village. It would also mean that existing residents would benefit from additional privacy. The Parish Council would draw your attention to other buildings in the wider vicinity that are orientated towards the road in this way. If the orientation of the building was adjusted accordingly the Parish Council would be in support of the application.
3. 180634 (Re-consultation) – Land Adjacent To Bramblefield Barn, Munstone, Herefordshire, HR1 3AH. Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval – 162689 Site for proposed single dwelling and garage outbuilding.
4. S106 Funding
Unspent S106 contributions were considered. It was agreed to ask Herefordshire Council for an update on previous and current S106 commitments to ascertain where they had been spent, what projects are proposed and whether any funding was still available.
5. Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)
An update was given on the activities of the NDP steering group. Additional grant funding was being pursued.
6. Planning Committee and delegated powers
It was agreed that planning matters falling between scheduled meetings would be dealt with via an extraordinary meeting where necessary.
11. Parish matters for discussion/decision
1. General Data Protection Regulation
The Parish Council considered the impact of the GDPR on the Parish Council and approved the following policies and procedures:
- Data Protection Policy
- Data Breach Procedure and log
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Subject Access Form and Guidance
- Contract Clauses Templates
- Privacy Notice Templates
- Documentation of personal data
It was agreed that a Data Protection Officer would not be necessary and the policies would be revised accordingly.
2. Retention Schedule
A document retention schedule was considered and approved.
The Parish Council’s proposed newsletter was discussed. It was hoped that this would be printed and circulated within the next two months.
It was agreed to ask the Lengthsman to cut the vegetation encroaching on the bus shelter at Munstone.
5. Burial Ground
Routine grounds maintenance and grass cutting had been undertaken. The site would be reviewed to see if any additional maintenance was required.
12. Annual business as per Standing Orders
- Code of Conduct
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Financial Regulations
- Standing Orders (NALC’s 2018 revised model)
- Insurance cover
- Inventory of Assets
- Risk Schedule
- Burial Ground Regulations
All of the above policies, procedures and documents were agreed.
- Clerk’s salary and expenses – £458.72
- HMRC (PAYE) – £102.00
- Holmer PCC Centre Account (room hire) – £59.25
- Duncan Smart (NDP expenses) – £18.99
- Richard Mills (Lengthsman) – £76.80
- Came and Company (insurance) – £491.19
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
- To note closure of Parish Council’s deposit account and additional £100.00 complaint compensation.
The above compensation was noted.
- To approve forms to remove signatories from the bank mandate
Forms were duly signed.
- To consider and approve the year end accounts
The 2017/18 end of year accounts and bank reconciliation were considered and approved.
14. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
The following items were agreed for the next agenda:
- Notice Board for Bloor Homes Development
- Traffic calming update
- Shelwick sewerage system
15. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled meeting is at 7:00PM on Monday 11th June 2018.
16. Employment matters
A resolution was passed to exclude members of the public due to the confidential nature of this item.
The NJC 2018-2019 National Salary Award was considered and approved.