Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7PM on Monday 8th January 2018 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL
Present: Mark Millmore (Chair), Neil Flanagan, David Cooper, Jane Davies, Gitta Ferguson, Ange Tyler, Marc Mohan
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Andrew Round (Ward Councillor), Duncan Smart (Footpaths Officer), member of the public.
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Andy Coultas and Neil Duggan.
2. Declarations of Interest
4. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on Thursday 7th December 2017.
The minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chair.
5. Progress reports
6. Open Session
The meeting was adjourned for public question time.
1. Report by Ward Councillor
Andrew Round provided an update.
- There would be a briefing on the Hereford Transport Package on the 11th January 2018 and Herefordshire Council’s Cabinet were due to consider a report on the 18th January.
- Herefordshire Council were discussing a proposed 4.9% increase in council tax.
- Works on the new link road were ongoing.
- Halo Leisure and the Hereford Football Club had signed new leases with Herefordshire Council.
2. Public participation (10 minutes)
No questions received from the public.
The meeting recommenced following public question time.
7. Footpaths report
Duncan Smart provided an update on work done in the Parish.
There were a number of paths in the Parish that were abandoned and could be re-registered for inclusion on the definitive map. It was agreed that the Footpaths Officer could pursue further enquiries and the matter would be added to a future agenda for further consideration.
Work had been undertaken with Balfour Beatty to clear a fallen tree.
A full report was available on the Parish Council website.
1. 174395 – Land to the East of The Rambles, Shelwick, Hereford. Residential development of four dwellings.
The Parish Council agreed to comment that they still have very serious concerns over flooding, sewerage and access (as per comments lodged for the original application – 160959).
9. Neighbourhood Development Plan
Progress has been made; the plan is currently in its third draft. There are a number of minor issues still to be resolved before going to consultation. It was agreed to hold an exhibition event to engage with parishioners when the final draft document is completed.
It was noted that once the Holmer and Shelwick Neighbourhood Development Plan was adopted it would supersede the Hereford Area Plan.
10. Dog fouling
The two winning poster designs were ready for printing.
The dog fouling bins were on order with Balfour Beatty, although no installation date was available.
Grit bins needed refilling around the Parish; Balfour Beatty had a fixed schedule that they were working through.
12. Private CCTV camera issues
Concerns were raised regarding a private CCTV system that overlooks the public highway. Cllr Cooper would circulate further guidance for discussion at the next meeting.
13. Councillor training
The Clerk would contact Herefordshire CALC to arrange an in-house training session for planning.
The proposed Parish Council newsletter was discussed. It was envisaged that this would be circulated in the spring.
It was confirmed that grant funding from Herefordshire Council for the Lengthsman Scheme would not continue into 2018/19.
There were a number of Public Rights of Way that needed clearing and the Lengthsman would be asked to do this.
- Clerk’s salary and expenses – £447.67
- HMRC PAYE – £100.20
- Kirkwells Limited (NDP) – £4200.00
- Information Commissioner (registration) – £35.00
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
- To review budget expenditure for 2017/18.
The Council considered and approved the budget expenditure and this was signed by the Chair. This would be uploaded onto the Parish Council’s website.
17. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
The following items were agreed for the next agenda:
- CCTV issues
- Neighbourhood Development Plan (including date for exhibition)
- Dog fouling bins
18. Date of the next meeting
The next scehduled meeting of the Parish Council is at 7PM on Monday 12th February 2018.
The meeting closed at 20:22PM.