Meeting of the Parish Council at 7:00PM on Monday 11th June 2018 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL
Present: Mark Millmore (Chairman), Neil Duggan, Gitta Ferguson, Neil Flanagan, David Cooper, Marc Mohan
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Duncan Smart (Footpaths Officer), members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Angela Tyler and Andy Coultas.
2. Declarations of Interest
4. Open Session
The meeting was adjourned for the open session.
- Ward Councillor’s Report
No report available.
- Footpath Officer’s Report
The Footpaths Officer was due to attend a briefing session with Balfour Beatty Living Places.
Research would be undertaken to see if replacement stiles or gates would be provided by Herefordshire Council free of charge.
- Public participation
A resident raised an issue with a potentially dangerously parked vehicle on Attwood Lane.
A resident queried why the Parish Church Centre was not used for council meetings; it was confirmed that use of Holmer Spa had been offered to the Parish Council at no charge.
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on Monday 14th May 2018.
The minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chairman.
6. Progress reports
- Dog fouling bins/posters
It was agreed to send a complaint to Herefordshire Council as payment had been made in 2017 but the bins had still not been provided.
- Traffic calming provision (S106)
Balfour Beatty living places were arranging a briefing session for Parish Councillors, representation at the meeting was agreed.
- Parish Paths Partnership Scheme
It was noted that £475.00 funding was available from Herefordshire Council for work under the Parish Paths Partnership (provided that a £142.50 contribution was made by the Parish Council).
The vacancy notices had been posted and it would be possible to co-opt into the vacancy from the 22nd June. Advertising for the vacancy would be prepared and circulated.
- S106 funding
It was noted that Herefordshire Council were preparing a response to our request for information on all current S106 funding obligations.
- Traffic Regulation Order consultation
It was agreed to write in support of the speed limit reduction proposals.
- Footway Parking
It was agreed to contact the Police to raise reported issues of obstruction by parked vehicles; photographs would be taken and forwarded to the Police for attention.
- Burghill Neighbourhood Development Plan
Burghill Parish Council’s NDP had been reviewed and it was agreed to write in support of the plan.
- Neighbourhood Development Plan
An update was received from the NDP Steering Group. The application for the next tranche of grant funding had been successful (£4150.00).
Comments from the recent consultation event were being reviewed and these would be used to further develop the plan.
The Steering Group had written to Herefordshire Council as no comments had been received regarding their draft plan. It was hoped that feedback would be received before progressing the plan further.
- 181486 – Ivydene, Munstone, Hereford, Herefordshire HR1 3AJ. Proposed single storey side extension.
It was agreed to raise no objections.
- 181533 – Greenway, Roman Road, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR4 9QW. Proposed single storey rear infill extension with flat roof over featuring large lantern roof light & glazed rear (north) elevation inc. bi-fold doors.
It was agreed to raise no objections.
- 181596 – Land at Magnis Works, Roman Road, Bobblestock, Hereford. Proposed 5 no. detached dwellings and garages.
It was agreed to object to the proposal as it was felt that sufficient provision had not been made for parking and that the layout of the proposed parking spaces would cause difficulties.
9. Parish matters for discussion/decision
- Code of Conduct
It was agreed to adopt Herefordshire Council’s revised 2018 policy document.
The proposed Parish Council newsletter was discussed. It was hoped that this would be published by August.
The work schedule for the month ahead was considered. No issues were reported.
- Clerk’s salary and expenses – £489.23
- HMRC (PAYE) – £108.20
- Richard Mills (Lengthsman) – £103.20
- Mark Breedon Gardening (burial ground) – £880.00
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
- To consider and approve budget expenditure
Budget expenditure was considered and approved.
- To consider and approve the bank reconciliation
The bank reconciliation was considered and approved.
- To consider and approve the internal auditor’s report
The internal auditor’s report was considered and it was noted that there were no recommendations requiring action.
- To consider and approve the Annual Governance Statement for the external auditor
It was noted that there was no requirement to have a limited assurance review or to submit an Annual Governance and Accountability Return to the external auditor; accordingly the Parish Council certified themselves as exempt.
The Annual Governance Statements were considered individually. All statements were agreed in the affirmative and the Statement was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
- To consider and approve the Statement of Accounts for the external auditor
The Statement of Accounts was considered and agreed by the Council and was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
11. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
No items were reported for the next agenda.
12. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled meeting is at 7:00PM on Monday 9th July 2018.
The meeting closed at 20:10PM.