Meeting of the Parish Council at 7:00PM on Monday 11thMarch 2019 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL
Present: Mark Millmore (Chair), David Cooper, Neil Duggan, Neil Flanagan, Debbie Peel, Marc Mohan
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Duncan Smart (Footpaths Officer), members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Gitta Ferguson, Angela Tyler and Andy Coultas.
2. Declarations of Interest
Marc Mohan declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest in item 10.2 (P190272/O: Wytz End).
Mark Millmore declared a Non-Disclosable Pecuniary Interest in item 10.2 (P190272/O: Wytz End).
4. Open Session
The meeting was adjourned for the open session.
- Ward Councillor
No report available.
- Footpath Officer
Duncan Smart provided a report. With the cooperation of four farmers, improvements had been made to a footbridge and to various footpath stiles in the parish. It was noted that the footbridge would need major repair or replacement at some point in the future. A full report would be available online.
- Public participation
A member of the public queried the start times of the meetings; it was confirmed that meetings started at 7:00PM promptly.
A member of the public raised concern that Holmer Nursing Home was storing boxes outside the building and these had blown over the road; the Chair agreed to discuss this with the nursing home.
A member of the public spoke regarding their planning application (item 10.2 – P190272/O: Wytz End) and discussed issues relating to the proposed foul drainage arrangements for the site.
The meeting resumed following the open session.
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on Monday 11th February 2019.
It was resolved to adopt the minutes as a true record and these were signed by the Chair.
6. Progress reports
- Dog fouling bins
It was noted that the dog fouling bin on Coldwells Road had been relocated.
- Cycleway/footway: Roman Road
It was noted that Herefordshire Council were looking to revise their plans, further details were expected.
- Annual Parish Meeting
It was confirmed that the Annual Parish Meeting would be held at 6:30PM on Monday 13th May, immediately prior to the Annual Council Meeting.
It was noted that the Police would not be able to attend the meeting.
- Unsafe BT apparatus: Church Way
It was noted that the leaning BT pole had been reported to BT Openreach; the Clerk would ask for a further update.
- Grit bins: Dale Drive and Orchard Close
It was noted that a quote had been requested from Balfour Beatty Living Places for the provision of two new bins but so far no response had been received.
- Herefordshire Council: Hereford Design Guide consultation notice
It was resolved that the Parish Council had no objections or comments.
8. Parish matters for discussion/decision
- Fastershire: To receive an update on the Gigaclear broadband installation programme
Members of the Parish Council had met with a representative of Gigaclear. An update was provided and literature from Gigaclear was circulated. It was noted that the ‘Fastershire’ installation would be started in the next few months and it was hoped that this would be completed winter 2019. Speeds between 300-900mbps were anticipated (depending on contract).
- Kerb maintenance Issues: Coldwells Road
It was resolved to defer discussions on this item until a future meeting.
- Faulty street lighting: To consider reported issues in Pearmain Drive (the Furlongs)
It was resolved to report a faulty streetlight at the junction of Pearmain Drive with Green Wilding Road to Herefordshire Council.
- Bund: To consider issues with the bund on the Bloor Development
It was believed that the bund was a temporary measure only. It was noted that work on site was progressing and the situation would be monitored. It was resolved to contact Bloor Homes to pass on the concerns and ask for an update.
9. Burial Ground
- Tree surveys: To consider tree survey quotes as per the Tree Management Policy
Quotes had been received from JP Ross Arboricultural Consultant (£320.00), Dave Smith Tree Care and Woodland Management (£400.00) and Wye Valley Tree Services (£200.00).
It was resolved to appoint Wye Valley Tree Services to undertake an inspection of the Burial Ground trees.
- Access: To consider access difficulties
It was resolved to liaise with Crest Nicholson to see if they could provide any assistance in improving the access to the burial ground.
- Memorial safety: To consider and adopt a policy and to appoint a councillor(s) to undertake inspections
It was resolved to adopt a Memorial Safety policy. It was resolved that Mark Millmore would inspect the burial ground annually.
- Neighbourhood Development Plan: To receive an update from the steering group and to consider next steps
A number of responses had been received to the Regulation 14 stage consultation. The open days had similarly attracted a number of comments.
The responses would be reviewed with Kirkwells Planning (NDP Consultant). A revised plan would be considered and approved at a future Parish Council meeting and this could then be submitted to Herefordshire Council for Regulation 16 stage consultation.
- P190272/O: Wytz End, Church Way, Holmer, Hereford, Herefordshire. Resubmission of extant outline permission 152678 for the proposed erection of two dwellings.
Marc Mohan left the room for the duration of discussions relating to this item.
It was resolved that the Parish Council do not object to the application as the site falls within the proposed settlement boundary in the Parish Council’s emergent Neighbourhood Development Plan (now at Regulation 14). However the Parish Council notes concerns relating to foul drainage provision and an outstanding ecology survey and would request that these matters are resolved before permission is granted.
- P190420/F: The Yard, Shelwick, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR1 3AW. Proposed replacement store building.
It was resolved that the Parish Council had no objections or concerns.
- Schedule of payments
It was resolved to approve the schedule of payments and cheques were duly signed.
- Budget expenditure
It was resolved to approve the budget expenditure.
- Bank reconciliation
It was resolved to approve the bank reconciliation.
12. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
It was noted that a resident adjacent to the pond on Coldwells Road had offered to dispose of any spoil generated by dredging.
It was resolved to add the following items to the next agenda:
- Dog fouling bins (update)
- Cycleway/footway: Roman Road (update)
- Unsafe BT apparatus: Church Way (update)
- Grit bins: Dale Drive and Orchard Close (update)
- Bund: Bloor Development (update)
- S106 traffic calming (update)
- Maintenance of layby/pull in by the dog fouling bin, Coldwells Road
- Maintenance and dredging of the pond, Coldwells Road
- Litter picking (Great British Spring Clean)
- Footway parking / obstruction issues
13. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled Parish Council meeting is at 7:00PM Monday 8th April 2019.
A resolution was passed to exclude members of the public due to the confidential nature of the following items.
14. Coldwells Road pond: To consider legal and access issues
It was resolved that no further action was required at this stage.
15. Clerk’s Employment: To consider the 2019/20 National Joint Council payscale recommendations
It was resolved to adopt the NJC payscale recommendations for 2019/20; from April 2019 the Clerk’s salary would be now be at SCP22 (previously SCP28).
The meeting closed at 20:33PM.
|Payments for authorisation|
|David Hunter-Miller||Salary and expenses||665.34||0.00||665.34|
|HM Revenue & Customs||PAYE||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Worcestershire County Council Pension Fund||Local Government Pension Scheme||228.47||0.00||228.47|
|Kirkwells Limited||NDP consultant||1550.00||310.00||1860.00|
|Holmer PCC||Room hire (NDP)||53.00||0.00||53.00|