The referendum has concluded with over 84% in favour of adopting the Holmer and Shelwick Neighbourhood Development Plan. This document will now become the local tier in the statutory planning framework:
- National: National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF)
- County: Herefordshire Local Plan, Core Strategy
- Local: Neighbourhood Development Plan
This statutory planning framework governs the development and use of land in the area. When planning applications are made, they must be decided in accordance with this framework, unless there are overriding circumstances to the contrary.
The final version of the NDP is available here:
What is a Neighbourhood Development Plan?
A Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) sets out policies and plans for the area and gives communities direct power to choose where they want new homes, shops and offices to be built, what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided.
Neighbourhood Development Plans can:
• Decide where and what type of development should happen within the parish
• Decide what the development should look like
• Promote development of the community in line with the South Worcestershire Development Plan
• Include detailed planning policies for the parish
Neighbourhood Development Plans cannot:
• Conflict with the policies within the South Worcestershire Development Plan
• Be used to prevent development
• Include county matters such as waste and minerals
For more about Neighbourhood Planning click here or watch the video below!