The NDP has now met the requirements to move forward to examination
The NDP is at Regulation 16
Tha plan has now been passed to Herefordshire Council for the next stage in the NDP process – Regulation 16 consultation.
This consultation will take place between 30 July 2019 to 24 September 2019.
The Regulation 16 consultation document, and its supporting documents, are available online on Herefordshire Council’s Neighbourhood Development Plan website:
The plan can also be viewed electronically at any Herefordshire Council customer service centre and library within the county. If you wish to make representations or comment you can do so by:
- Website: using the online comment form
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Neighbourhood Planning Team, Planning Services, PO Box 4, Hereford HR1 2ZB
Can you help?
Holmer and Shelwick Parish Council is looking to produce a Neighbourhood Development Plan. This is a statutory document that will set out a vision for the future of the parish. The aim is to make the parish a better place to live, work and visit.
A steering group has been formed to develop the plan with representatives from across the parish and consisting of both parish councillors and members of the public.
Kirkwells Planning have been appointed to assist the Parish Council in preparing the plan. Click here for further information on Kirkwells Planning.
If you have an interest in your local area and can spare a few hours or more, please contact the Parish Clerk for further details.
What is a Neighbourhood Development Plan?
A Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) sets out policies and plans for the area and gives communities direct power to choose where they want new homes, shops and offices to be built, what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided.
Neighbourhood Development Plans can:
• Decide where and what type of development should happen within the parish
• Decide what the development should look like
• Promote development of the community in line with the South Worcestershire Development Plan
• Include detailed planning policies for the parish
Neighbourhood Development Plans cannot:
• Conflict with the policies within the South Worcestershire Development Plan
• Be used to prevent development
• Include county matters such as waste and minerals
For more about Neighbourhood Planning click here or watch the video below!