Opportunities to get out clearing Parish footpaths have been limited since the last report and each path that was walked has needed time consuming attention because of the rapid growth of the vegetation at this time of year.
1) HO6 exit from The Furlongs onto Munstone Road remains tantalising close to completion, waiting for safety rails to be fitted and final surfacing to the road.
2) HO8 has been cleared again from Attwood Lane through to Roman Road
3) HO9 at Path Diversion still needs improvement at the exit onto C1127 (Munstone Road) but the overgrown weeds have been cut down
4) H09 has had the stile at SO 516431 cleared of undergrowth and nettles – again!
5) HO10 was cleared again at the Patch Hill end. At this time of year brambles are growing back across paths at an amazing rate.
Duncan Smart (DGS),
Holmer & Shelwick Parish Footpath Officer