Minutes July 8th 2013

Holmer & Shelwick Parish Council

Monday 8th July 2013 7pm in Holmer Church Vestry Room

Minutes

Present: John Phipps (chair), Richard Nash, Ronnie Thomas, Julie Debbage
In attendance: Ward Councillor Sally Robertson, parish clerk Hazel Philpotts, 1 member of the public

  1. Apologies for absence: received from Dawn Arbuthnott and Graham Preece
    Resignation received and accepted from Neil Duggan as councillor and chair. Vice chair to write and thank him for his service to the council and to ask that he consider joining the council again when other commitments permit.
  2. Declarations of interest and written requests for Disclosable Pecuniary Interest dispensations Richard Nash declared an interest in item 7.2 Coldwells House Residential Home planning application.
  3. Minutes of last meeting: (13th May 2013) accepted as an accurate record of the meeting.
  4. Public participation (10 minutes)
    Richard Nash spoke as a member of the public, and expressed extreme concern regarding the on-going water and sewerage issues at Coldwells House Residential Home, which would be exacerbated by the current proposal to extend and increase the number of bedrooms. The last planning permission for an extension had a file foot note that future expansion would not be permitted due to surrounding land reaching saturation point for water expelled from the sewerage treatment plant. RN is very concerned that the proposed extension which almost doubles the size of the facility will have a major impact on his property.
  5. Report from Ward Councillor Robertson
    5.1. Core Strategy went to HC’s cabinet last Thursday, minor changes only made, will be presented to full council on 19th July for ratification.
    5.2. Market towns and Hereford City have taken on a QC to challenge the Core Strategy consultation process, SR will be attending a meeting with the group to discuss the challenge, invited someone from the PC or the Holmer residents group to attend or if the PC would like to send feedback via Sally.
    5.3. SR to meet with Tim Ellis of Highways at Lyde to discuss highways issues, will ask why one area is being resurfaced when others are in a severely poor state.
    5.4. Rose Gardens (The Rosie) has closed, SR was concerned regarding building works taking place on the site and had to involve the enforcement officer; investigations are underway.
    5.5. Lyde Court, issues have arisen, the police were called to a wedding at 4am when trouble broke out; HC are monitoring in view of temporary planning permission as a function venue.
    5.6. Parish summer event – suggestion of using Holmer Park or parish centre.
    5.7. Furlongs site traffic light issue when cars park near the junction (in the Furlongs) sensors detect the vehicle and cause the traffic lights to continually change. SR will look into applying for double yellow lines to prevent parking in the affected area.
  6. Police report – circulated and noted
  7. Planning
    7.1. Ivydean: SR has requested that it go to committee, clerk instructed to reply to HC’s Kelly Gibbons to say comments will be submitted when the additional information has been received.
    7.2. Coldwells House Care Home proposed planning application. Clerk to submit the following response:
    The PC has viewed the restricted information provided will be objecting to the application for the following reasons:
    over-intensification of the site
    lack of turning on site for delivery vehicles
    lack of visibility on access
    reminder of footnote of previous planning approval DCCW2007/3551/f due to site limitations
    lack of suitable drainage
    lack of supporting ecology
    lack of surface water run-off from driveway and parking areas
  8. Burial Ground
    8.1. Maintenance update: current contractor resigned, contract to be given on temporary basis to lengthsman, clerk requested to obtain a quote for monthly cut, including congregating area, removing of grass cuttings and emptying bin. Also to include cutting around the pond.
    8.2. Discuss use of congregating area for burial and possible extension of burial ground: item to be carried over to next meeting.
    8.3. Review of charges, JP will arrange a meeting with at the Crematorium to discuss charges, size of plots and possible extension into congregating area with John Gibbon, #Cemetery Superintendent. Carry item forward to next meeting.
  9. Lengthsman scheme – work instruction to be given for footpath from back of Holmer Park to the cattery to clear moss off path and remove weeds.
  10. Update by Footpaths Officer: report received from Graham Preece via email: It was mentioned in the last meeting that footpath H01 (Roman Rd to Eltons Marsh) was obstructed by material from the adjacent building works .This is now clear and there is no problem with the path along its entire length. All quiet, nothing else to report.
  11. Newsletter August/September for next newsletter. New printer located at Simpson Hall will make printing a lot easier. To include an advertisement for new councillors.
  12. Finance
    12.1. invoices/payments to be approved:
    clerks salary and expenses £632.50
    D Duggan (mowing of burial ground) £128.00
    Mrs S Wenczek (internal audit fee) £50.00
    Welsh Water (burial ground water rates) direct debit £16.31
  13. Discuss easement. Clerk to make enquiries with HC with regard to common land in the parish.
  14. Clerk’s update and correspondence noted.
  15. Community Led Plan and Neighbourhood Planning update – questionnaire has been prepared
    Clerk to update budget. Grant received two or three years ago.
  16. Items for next agenda – none raised.
  17. Date of next meeting (Monday 9th September 2013)