Parish Council meeting at 7pm on Thursday 4th May 2017 at
Holmer Park Health Club & Spa Cleeve Orchard,
Roman Road, Hereford HR1 1LL
Present: Mark Millmore (Chairman), Marc Mohan, Andrew Coultas, Neil Flanagan, Neil Duggan
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Sally Tagg (FT Planning), Michael Wellock (Kirkwells Planning), members of the Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) Steering Group and members of the public
1. Apologies for absence: To receive apologies and to approve reasons for absence
Apologies received from Gitta Fergusson and Neil Jenkins.
2. Declarations of Interest: With reference to items on the agenda members are reminded of their responsibility to declare interests and to update their Register of Interests as required.
Mark Millmore declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 8.1, 163535 – Wytz End, Church Way, Holmer, Hereford, Herefordshire. Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval.
Marc Mohan declared a pecuniary interest in item 8.1, 163535 – Wytz End, Church Way, Holmer, Hereford, Herefordshire. Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval.
3. Dispensations: To consider any written dispensations from members who have declared an interest but wish to stay in the meeting during that time to aid discussion / speak / vote. Requests to be with the Clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
4. Public participation (10 minutes): The meeting will be adjourned for Public Question Time. At the discretion of the Chairman members of the public will be invited to speak and/or question the Parish Council on issues relating to this agenda or raise issues for future consideration.
A member of the public raised a question regarding planning item P171008/F – Land adjacent to Lyde Cross Tree, proposed three bedroom house with detached garage (previously discussed at the Parish Council meeting 10/04/17). It was confirmed that detailed correspondence on this matter had also been received. A lengthy discussion was held on the planning process and the limitations of the comments that Parish Councils could make in regard to planning matters. It was agreed that a list of Parish Council meeting dates would be made available for the year ahead to keep residents better informed. More specific wording would also be used on future planning comments submitted to Herefordshire Council to avoid ambiguity.
5. To receive a presentation from Kirkwells regarding the NDP
NB: Item 6 on the agenda was scheduled ahead of item 5 due to technical difficulties.
The Parish Council received a thirty minute presentation from Michael Wellock, Kirkwells Planning, regarding the proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP). A summary of the company’s experience and qualifications was given.
6. To receive a presentation from Foxley Tagg Planning regarding the NDP
The Parish Council received a thirty minute presentation from Sally Tagg, FT Planning, regarding the proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP). A summary of the company’s experience and qualifications was given.
7. Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) steering group: To consider the appointment of a planning consultant and discuss future actions.
A lengthy discussion was held to determine which planning consultant would be appointed. Comments from the steering group and public were received and considered by the Parish Council. An open vote was called and it was thus resolved to appoint Kirkwells Planning. It was agreed that a meeting would be set up early June to take this forward.
- 163535 – Wytz End, Church Way, Holmer, Hereford, Herefordshire. Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval.
No objections were raised by the Parish Council.
- P171323/FH – Crossways, Holmer, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR1 1LA. Alterations and extensions to existing dwelling.
No objections were raised by the Parish Council.
9. Street lighting consultation: to consider the need for lighting on the following future developments (initial feedback only, the Parish Council will be asked to provide full comments later in the planning process):
- Holmer West
- Homer East
The Clerk provided an update following discussions with Balfour Beatty Living Places and Herefordshire Council. Non-standard lighting, including bollard lighting, could only be provided if maintained by the Parish Council. It was thus proposed by Mark Millmore, seconded by Andrew Coultas and agreed by the Parish Council that standard lighting columns would be sufficient and a request would be made for both estates to be fully lit. It would be requested that mitigating features such as lamp shields would be used where possible.
10. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda: Councillors may use this opportunity to report minor matters of information and to raise items for future agendas.
The Council agreed the following items for the June agenda (Monday 12th June 2017):
- NDP steering group
- Notice boards
- Dog fouling bins
11. Date of the next meeting
The Annual Parish Meeting and Annual Meeting of the Parish Council would be held on Monday 8th May at 6:30PM.
The meeting closed 21:15PM.