Extraordinary meeting of the Parish Council held at 6PM on Tuesday 25th July 2017 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL.
Present: Mark Millmore (Chairman), Neil Duggan, Marc Mohan, Neil Flanagan, Angela Tyler
In attendance: David Hunter-Miler (Clerk), Andrew Round (Ward Councillor), members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Gitta Ferguson, Andy Coultas.
It was noted that Neil Jenkins had resigned from the Parish Council.
2. Declarations of Interest
4. Public participation
No comments or questions received.
The letter from the Campaign to Protect Rural England concerning the A49 was noted. It was agreed to add to the next agenda for more detailed consideration.
1. 172270/O – Land adjacent to Lyde Cross Tree Munstone Hereford. Proposed outline permission with all matters reserved for the erection of 1 dwelling with garage and access.
A resident raised concern at traffic speeds along the road and felt that additional properties would exacerbate the situation.
The Parish Council raised no objection to the development but would request that access arrangements are reviewed following concern over safety and visibility. It was agreed to bring to the attention of the planning team the strong concerns voiced by local residents. The Parish Council would also make the planners aware of Herefordshire Council’s ‘Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2011-2031’ which stated that the land was not suitable for development.
2. 172374/FH – Salou Belle Bank Avenue Holmer Hereford. Single storey extensions on the North and East elevations and various alterations.
No objections were raised by the Parish Council.
3. 161482 (Appeal) – Land East of The Rosie Public House, Coldwells Road, Munstone, Hereford. Construction of a detached self-build dwelling with integral one bedroom dependent relative annexe to replace the existing static caravan and new children’s play area for the pub.
Cllr Mohan agreed to attend the hearing on the 8th August 2017. It was confirmed that the pub was now open.
7. Application for listing of ‘The Rosie’ as an Asset of Community Value
The Parish Council confirmed that the plan forwarded by Herefordshire Council was incorrect, showing buildings that had not yet gained planning permission. It was agreed that the Clerk would insist that the area to be protected is as per the land registry plan.
- Clerks salary and expenses – £442.34
- HMRC PAYE – £89.00
- Brushcutter and PPE – £533.51
All of the above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
- Transparency Funding Grant
The Council agreed to pursue grant funding for the laptop purchase 2016/17.
9. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
It was agreed to cut the grass around the pond at the same time as the burial ground.
It was agreed that the Clerk would write to Crest Nicholson requesting that the temporary Heras fencing was taken down and a more suitable permanent solution put in place.
Matters for the next agenda:
- Update on The Rosie ACV application and planning appeal.
- Campaign to Protect Rural England correspondence (regarding A49).
- Update regarding traffic calming scheme.
- To discuss the timing of future Parish Council meetings.
The Chairman extended the thanks of the Parish Council to Neil Jenkins for his hard work on the Parish Council over many years.
10. Date of the next meeting
The next meeting of the Parish Council would be Monday 11th September 2017 at 7PM.
The next meeting of the Neighborhood Development Plan Steering Group would be Wednesday 13th September at 7PM.