Minutes April 13th 2015 Holmer & Shelwick Parish Council

Councillors are summoned to a meeting on April 13th 2015 at 7pm in HOLMER Parish Centre

Minutes

In attendance : Chairman Mark Millmore(MMIL),Alan Peel(AP),Neil Jenkins(NJ),
Present: Ward Councillor Sally Robertson(SR),Clerk Rebecca Gill(RG),19 members of the public

1. Accept apologies for ABSENCE: Marc Mohan,Graham Preece,Dawn Arbuthnott,John Phipps

2. DECLARATIONS of INTEREST and written requests for Disclosable Pecuniary Interest dispensations: Mark Millmore declares a pecuniary interest in item 8.2

3. Request for dispensation: N/A

4. To consider and adopt the minutes from the meeting 9th March 2015 and 30th March 2015: Minutes accepted as a true and accurate account of the meeting.

5. Public participation (10 mins) SR states that herself and NJ were bombarded with emails from members of the parish regarding Attwood lane junction being changed. BB did come to a meeting at Lyde church on the 30th March with the PC to discuss what had been done and the PC made it clear that they were not happy with the changes and wanted the junction returned to its original form.

SR has told BB that they want the parishioners to have their say at a public meeting. BB wanted to reduce the risk to people crossing by narrowing the road, this has consequently reduced the size of the road causing problems with traffic.

Members of the public stated that the junction is now an accident waiting to happen and needs traffic lights or a mini round about. Members of the public want to know if Roman Road is wide enough to take a mini roundabout.

SR had an email from BB apologising for not attending the meeting tonight. BB say they are coming under increasing pressure to close this issue. BB say that reducing the road size is for the safety of the pedestrian. BB says they want to go forward with original scheme as they feel this is the safest.

PC feel that the whole of Attwood lane needs to be addressed not just small sections of it at a time. Footway provisions should be raised from lions court to link up to church way.

Member of public wanted to know how many accidents have there been involving pedestrians to justify this? The original scheme will cause more accidents as vehicles will take more risks trying to get out turning right.

Member of the public “norrowing the junction will make the safety bubble of the vehicle smaller and more dangerous as people will get closer to each other”.

Sr wants to do a petition for support on returning the vehicle to its original form. Every member of the public present is dramatically against the proposal. Some members of the public would like to see traffic lights.

6. Finance

• Clerks salary as agreed by the Parish Council
• HALC In the hot seat course £30.00
• HALC procedures and finance £144.00
• HALC roles and responsibilities £72.00
• HALC power to the people £90.00
• HALC planning and community action£216.00
• HALC In the hot seat £30.00
• Viking stationary £36.07

7. Planning update

8. Planning

• 143556 Magnis Works, Roman Road, Bobblestock, Hereford, HR4 9QR DESCRIPTION: Site for new housing:No objection
• 150898 – Land at West Court, Attwood Lane, Hereford, HR1 1LJ Site for proposed erection of 2 dwellings: Mark Millmore leaves the room ,the meeting is now not quorate and this can not be discussed. Clerk to ask for an extension as the meeting was not quorate and could not be discussed.

9. Decide date in May for Annual parish meeting: Annual meeting arranged for 15th May at 7pm venue to be arranged. Food to be arranged between parish councillors.

10. Appoint an internal auditor: HALC to do internal audit for a cost of £150.00

11. Community litter pick: Pc resolve to discuss this at the annual meeting and advertise in the next newsletter.

12. Footpath officer update :N/A

13. Footpaths and kissing gates : move to next meeting

14. Discuss community assets: Move to next meeting

15. Attwood lane /Roman Rd junction: SR to ask for a weeks extension as 3 days is not realistic and to meet with the director Geoff Hughs. PC resolve to have a page for the public on the website to comment on this issue.SR and NJ to get signatures on a petition Question will read We the undersigned hereby object to the redesign of the Attwood lane/ Roman road junction without consultation and request that it is returned to its original form. Clerk to ask HALC for advice.

16. Walking for health: SR to ask co-ordinator to give presentation on walking for health at the annual meeting.

17. Wifi in the parish centre: MMIL to discuss this with the Vicar and parochial church council.

18. Filing cabinet for Parish council paperwork: Clerk to purchase a filing cabinet with a limit of £100.00

19. Police report: N/A

20. Burial Ground: Move to next meeting

21. Report by Ward Councillor Sally Robertson: Core stategy modification Holmer west have been mentioned. PC delegate to SR in conjunction with MMIL to give comments from pc on Holmer west core stategy .

22. Community led plan: Steering group to meet and hope to present draft plan at the annual meeting.

23. Clerks update and correspondence.

24. Items for next agenda: Burial ground, wifi, community assest, footpaths and kissing gate, Insurance.

25. Date of next meeting 12th May 2015 this will be held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the parish council

26. Meeting closed at 20.40