Parish Council meeting at 7:30pm on Monday 8th May 2017 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL.
Present: Mark Millmore (Chairman), Neil Jenkins, Marc Mohan, Jane Davies, Gitta Ferguson, Neil Flanagan, Angela Tyler, Andrew Coultas
In Attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Andrew Round (Ward Councillor), members of the public
1. Election of a Chairman and Vice Chairman and signing the Declarations of Acceptance of Office
Mark Millmore was nominated for Chairman by Neil Jenkins and seconded by Gitta Ferguson and was elected unanimously.
Marc Mohan was nominated for Vice Chairman by Jane Davies and seconded by Gitta Ferguson and was elected unanimously.
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declarations of Interest
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meetings on 10th April 2017 and 4th May 2017
The minutes of Parish Council meetings on the 10th April and 4th May were approved by the Council and signed by the Chairman.
6. Progress reports
Regarding the requested maintenance in the A49 Layby, the Clerk reported no update was available from Highways England, at this time, but would continue to pursue a resolution.
The Clerk was still awaiting dates for the ‘Leading Lights’ training course.
7. Open Session:
1. Public participation
A member of the public reiterated the concerns of the Ward Councillor regarding fly tipping.
A member of the public raised concern at restricted visibility at the Munstone Road / Roman Road junction due to parked vehicles, it was confirmed that this would be a matter for Herefordshire Council.
8. To consider correspondence received
9. To review the Lengthsman Scheme Maintenance Plan
A discussion was held on the Lengthsman Scheme Maintenance plan and how best to make use of the scheme with diminished grant funding from Herefordshire Council. It was agreed to review the documents circulated by the Clerk and this would be added to the next agenda for further discussion.
10. To review the Burial Ground Maintenance Plan and Working Group
A discussion was held on the need to form a small working group to assist the Chairman and Clerk with the running of the burial ground, Angela Tyler volunteered to help.
The Council agreed the provision of a new notice board; the Chairman would look to sort a suitable replacement.
It was agreed to arrange for quotes to supply and fit a new handrail.
It was agreed that a brief plan for routine maintenance would be useful and this would be drafted by Councillors in preparation for the next meeting. It was suggested that the Probation Service might be approached over this work.
It was agreed that the Burial Ground Regulations should be reviewed as some charges/costs might need updating, this would be considered at a future meeting.
A new page would be added to the website for the Burial Ground. The Clerk would arrange a cloud storage account for all burial ground documents to ensure that records were kept up to date.
11. To review the Inventory of Assets
The Council reviewed the current inventory of assets to ensure that it was correct and up to date.
12. To review the Risk Register
The Council reviewed the Risk Register to ensure that it remained relevant and it was signed by the Chairman.
1. Clerks salary and expenses £412.68
2. HMRC PAYE £90.80
The Council agreed the payments as listed.
3. To arrange signing of bank mandate forms
The Clerk confirmed that the mandate paperwork had been completed at the previous meeting on the 4th May.
4. To agree appointment of internal auditor
The Council agreed to use the services of Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC) for the internal audit.
5. To review insurance cover
The Council approved the insurance cover and agreed the renewal fee of £280.
6. To approve year end accounts
The end of year accounts were reviewed by the Council and signed by the Chairman.
14. Councillors’ reports and Items for the next agenda
The following items were agreed for the next agenda:
- Further discussion of the Lengthsman Maintenance Plan
- Further discussion of Burial Ground Maintenance Plan
- Update on dog fouling bins
- Update on A49 Layby
- Issue of overgrown footways A49
- Proposed newsletter and discussion on content (possibly to include litter pick)
- Update on S106 traffic calming scheme
15. Date of the next meeting
June 12th at 7:00 PM.
The meeting closed at 20:39