Minutes 11th April 2016

Councillors were summoned to a meeting on 11th April 2016 at 7pm
in HOLMER Parish Centre
Press and public are cordially invited to attend

Minutes

Present: Rebecca Gill Clerk(RG), Andrew Round Ward Councillor. 23 member`s of the public.
In Attendance: Mark Millmore(MMIL),Marc Mohan(MMO),Neil Jenkins (NJ),Sally Robertson,(SR), Kerry Sheldon(KS),Jane Davies(JD), Neil Duggan(ND)Angela Tyler (AT).

1. Accept apologies for ABSENCE: None received

2. To vote in a new Vice Chairman. Marc Mohan proposed by MMIL and seconded by JD and KS. Proposed ND but had no second. MMO vote carried.

3. DECLARATIONS of INTEREST and written requests for Disclosable Pecuniary Interest dispensations: ND declared a pecuniary interest in item 10.2. SR declared an interest in item 20.

4. Request for dispensation: None received

5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the meeting 14 TH March 2016: Minutes accepted as a true and accurate account of the meeting and signed by the chairman.

6. Report by Ward Councillor: AR introduced himself to the members of the public.

AR asks why it took so long for the petition to be given to him from Mike Andrews. SR explained she did not want it left in the shop and handed it to MMIL to give to AR.

AR would like to be added to the email list and receive all emails.

AR explained that the issue with street lighting will be a slow process.

MMIL explained that the PC will back the ward councillor for street lighting on Meadow Park. AR would like a letter of support from the PC asking for the Roman Road crossing to be upgraded to a pelican crossing. MMIl offers to advertise the petition for this on the website.

AR met with ET about the Bloor development.

New bus service cut backs start this week.

AR suggests we invite Samantha Banks to the next meeting.

AR received an email about resurfacing for Holmer Manor close.

AR requests that we write to RB about the costing`s for the Attwood Lane junction works, including initial work and remedial work.

AR defends his position on the bins being removed at Holmer stores.

7. Public participation (10 mins): Member of the public is concerned that there might be a housing estate on a piece of land behind her property. Dean Lewis estates are showing interest in this property. It is believed there is a covenant on the land. This item will be added to the next agenda. A lot of public concern over this proposed development. It is pointed out that at this time it is purely speculation.

Member of the public would like to see more newsletters for non-subscribers to the website. Member of the public would like to offer his services for newsletters.

8. Appoint an internal auditor. SR to speak Burghill internal auditor, also contact Eric Aplin nominated by Mrs Allen

9. Finance

  • Clerks salary as agreed by the Parish Council
  • R Mills Lengthsman £292.80
  • Cheques signed by MMIL and MMO

10. Planning and Updates

  • 160979 – Land adjoining Munstone Cottage, Munstone, Hereford, Herefordshire HR1 3AD. Change of use of land to garden. Construction of vehicular access, car parking and turning area. PC votes no objections and feels it will improve the visibility.
  • 160572 – Bank House, Coldwells Road, Holmer, Hereford, Herefordshire HR1 1LH. Proposed single storey extension and single storey garden room: PC all agrees to raise no objections and feels it would have no detrimental effect.

11. Litter pick: SR and RG will do a risk assessment before volunteers go out.

12. June Queens birthday celebration with church: NJ will liaise with Reverend Steven Lee

13. Bench at pond: ND will get quotes for re-painting of the bench.

14. Implementation group for the Community led plan: The original members of the CLP steering group will stay and become the implementation group and adding more members of the public. Mike Andrews has shown interest in becoming involved. SR will go ahead with some Dog mess signs.

15. Attwood lane signs: MMIl to write a draft letter to send to Richard Ball at the HC.

16. Attwood lane wild flower seeds: PC has to apply for a licence to cultivate. PC decides to bank this discussion for when the development works are finished.

17. Lengthsman

  • Discuss next Year’s contract: RG to meet with RM and do a draft contract a proposal for next year.

18. Footpath Munstone Road from Furlongs: MMIL, ND, SR, NJ, KS and MMO to meet at the footpath exit to discuss. Meet on the 19th April at 10:30. RG to speak to MMO about who to contact at Crest to finish Attwood Lane footpath.

19. Website development: MMil would like to include the Parish Councillors in the website and ask them to contribute. Monthly or bi-monthy reports from footpaths. KS and MMO to cover footpaths. NJ and ND to cover trouble shooting. AT to cover planning and SR to cover events. JD to cover Bloor development. Full training will given by MMIL. Dates arranged.

20. Burghill Neighbourhood Plan: PC happy to endorse the plan. RG will email Hazel saying that PC is happy to endorse the plan.

21. Police report: Emailed to Councillors. Burglary at Munstone and sides to trailers taken.

22. Burial Ground: R.Mills given the go ahead to carry out work on handrail at Burial ground. Invite a member of the local police team to the May meeting. SR proposes ND and NJ seconds.

23. Clerks update and correspondence: Noted by Councillors.

24. Items for next agenda:

Parking on pavement at Church way.
Proposed Development on piece of Land behind Turvey house and surrounding properties owned by Ian Griffiths.
Wentworth park playpark.
Quotes for bench re-painting.
Invite Samantha Banks to meeting.
Invite member of the local police team to the meeting.
State of the layby by the church.
Munstone RD footpath exit from Furlongs.
Training for all Councillors with Burghill.
Roman Rd white lines at Junction Attwood Lane/Old school lane

25. Date of next meeting 9th May 2016

26. Meeting closed at 20.45