Minutes 10th July 2017

Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7pm on Monday 10th July 2017 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL.

Minutes
Present: Mark Millmore (Chairman), Neil Jenkins, Neil Duggan, Marc Mohan, Jane Davies, Angela Tyler
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Andrew Round (Ward Councillor), Duncan Smart (Footpaths Officer), members of the public

1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Neil Flanagan, Andy Coultas and Gitta Ferguson.

2. Declarations of Interest
Nil declared.

3. Dispensations
Nil received.

4. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on Monday 12th June 2017.
The minutes were agreed and signed as a true record by the Chairman.

5. Progress reports:

1. Update on S106 traffic calming scheme
The Clerk had been in contact with Balfour Beatty Living Places who had confirmed they would proceed with the footway works on Atwood Lane and the traffic calming scheme.
2. Dog fouling bins
The Clerk confirmed that the costs to empty either dog fouling bins or waste bins would be the same. The costs were considered excessive. Andrew Round confirmed that it might be possible to relocate existing bins, it was thus agreed that the Clerk would confirm all existing bin locations with Balfour Beatty Living Places.
3. Drainage ditch, Munstone Road
The Chairman would write to Balfour Beatty Living Places with photographs to highlight the issues.

6. Open Session:

1. Report by Ward Councillor
Cllr Round gave an update on planning application 172270/O (agenda item 9.3). Residents were encouraged to submit comments or objections by 27th July 2017.
It was confirmed that the playground equipment in Wentworth Park had been repaired.
The planning appeal for 161482 (agenda item 9.1) would be held at 10AM on 8th August 2017 at the Herefordshire Council Plough Lane Offices.
2. Public participation
A member of the public raised concern regarding planning application 172270/O. The following issues were stated; lack of sewers, lack of mains gas, limited transport access, no footpaths or public transport and being sited on prime agricultural land. A report by Herefordshire Council was cited where this site had been previously considered and discounted, but it was confirmed by Andrew Round that although the comments in this report were relevant they were not definitive.
A member of the public raised further concern relating to building noise from related developments.
A member of the public expressed a desire to keep the identity of Munstone and Shelwick as rural communities. A request was made that the matter is taken to a planning committee.

7. Footpaths report
Duncan Smart (Footpaths Officer) provided an update on the Public Rights of Way network; a full report would be published on the website.
1. Brushcutter (strimmer) purchase
The Parish Council agreed to fund a brushcutter and PPE up to £600.00 in value. The Footpaths Officer would pursue further quotes and send the invoice to the Clerk for payment.

8. Report from the Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) steering group: To receive an update on the NDP.
Marc Mohan provided an update on progress of the Neighbourhood Development Plan. The next meeting of the Steering Group would be 13th September at 7PM.

9. Planning and Updates

1. 161482 – Land East of The Rosie Public House, Coldwells Road, Munstone, Hereford. Construction of a detached self-build dwelling with integral one bedroom dependent relative annexe to replace the existing static caravan and new children’s play area for the pub.
It was agreed that the Parish Council would reiterate the comments previously lodged by the Parish Council, and also to support the reasons for refusal given by the planning officer.
2. 171073 – Land to the North of the Roman Road and West of the A49, Holmer West, Hereford. Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval (P150478/O). For the erection of 82 dwellings, including open space, access, drainage and other associated works.
It was understood that the amendments previously recommended by the Parish Council had been implemented. No further objections or comments were raised but future changes to the permission would be scrutinised.
3. 172270/O – Land adjacent to Lyde Cross Tree, Munstone, Hereford. Proposed outline permission with all matters reserved for the erection of 1 dwelling with garage and access.
This item was brought forward on the agenda so that it could be discussed following the public’s comments (agenda item 6.2).
The Parish Council agreed a site meeting on 17th July at 12 noon to consider the matter. The Clerk would ask for the consultation deadline to be pushed back to allow this.

10. Application for listing of ‘The Rosie’ as an Asset of Community Value
It was agreed that the Clerk would confirm with Herefordshire Council that the application for the Asset of Community Value should include the whole of the site.
Marc Mohan gave his apologies and left the meeting at 20:19PM.

11. Issues related to A49

1. Concern over vehicle speeds
It was agreed that the Clerk would contact the Police to raise concerns regarding vehicle speeds when entering the speed limited area. It was agreed to write to the developer on Church Way to ask for hedges to be cut back.

2. Overgrown lighting column
It was agreed that the Clerk would contact Highways England to report the overgrown streetlight.

12. Newsletter
Possible content for the newsletter was discussed. A member of the public suggested that residents may wish to send in articles and it was agreed that this would be advertised on the website. The Parish Council would have an informal meeting to develop the newsletter further.

13. Bench, Coldwells Road
It was agreed to repaint / powder coat the bench in green. The Chairman would arrange quotes for shot blasting and painting / powder coating.

14. Burial Ground Regulations
The current Burial Ground Regulations did not have a price for adding ashes to an existing plot. It was agreed to add this to the schedule at £100, which would be in line with other burial authorities.

15. Lengthsman work schedule
It was agreed to ask the Lengthsman to undertake hedge cutting around road signs and streetlights.

16. Finance:

1. Clerks salary and expenses- £466.07
2. HMRC PAYE- £91.80
3. Ramblers Association expenses – £20.30
4. HALC (website)- £48.00
All of the above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
Angela Tyler gave her apologies and left the meeting at 20:50PM.
5. Waste bins – cost to be confirmed
Discussed under agenda item 5.2. No payment agreed at this time.
6. To sign the forms to close the Parish Council’s ‘Club and Society’ bank account
The forms were duly signed.

17. Councillors’ reports and Items for the next agenda
It was noted that Herefordshire Council had asked for a meeting to discuss the Hereford Area Plan and how this might integrate with the Parish Council’s proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan. A member of the public suggested contacting Kirkwells to discuss prior to meeting with Herefordshire Council.

18. Date of the next meeting
The next meeting would be 11th September 2017 at 7PM.

The meeting closed at 21:11PM.