Extraordinary meeting of the Parish Council held at 7PM on Thursday 7th December 2017 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL
Present: Mark Millmore (Chair), Marc Mohan, David Cooper, Jane Davies
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk)
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Ange Tyler and Neil Flanagan.
2. Declarations of Interest
4. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on Monday 13th November 2017.
The minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chairman.
5. Progress reports
A sign for the duck pond had been purchased.
A response had been received from Bill Wiggin MP and Highways England regarding maintenance of the layby on the A49.
6. Open Session:
1. Public participation
No members of the public were present at the meeting.
1. 174053 – Fern Cottage, Shelwick, Hereford, Herefordshire HR1 3AL. Proposed extensions and alterations.
No objections were raised by the Parish Council.
2. 174207 – Building adjacent to The Grange, Shelwick, Herefordshire. Proposed change of use of an industrial building to create five dwelling houses.
The Parish Council object to the proposed change of use; they would reiterate their comments from the previous application (P160292) concerning restricted visibility from the proposed access onto a very fast road. Furthermore they have concerns over the greater vulnerability to flooding arising from the proposed change from industrial to residential (the site being located in a flood zone). The Parish Council also feel that it would be advantageous to maintain this as employment land, as there is shortfall of this within the parish, something that has been identified in the emerging Neighbourhood Development Plan.
1. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £434.77
2. HMRC PAYE – £100.20
3. David Hunter-Miller (signs) – £7.00
4. Kirkwells Limited (NDP) – £1620.00
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
5. Kirkwells Limited (NDP) – £4200.00
It was agreed to defer the above payment to a future meeting.
6. Herefordshire Council (pest control) – £480.00
The above payment was agreed and a cheque duly signed.
7. To consider and approve the bank reconciliation.
The bank reconciliation was approved and was signed by the Chairman.
9. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
The following items were agreed for the next agenda:
• Dog fouling update
10. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled meeting of the Parish Council is at 7PM Monday 8th January 2018.
The meeting closed at 19:34PM.