Draft Minutes

Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7PM on Monday 11thSeptember 2017 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL

Minutes
Present: Mark Millmore (Chairman), Marc Mohan, Jane Davies, Neil Duggan, Neil Flanagan
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), members of the public

1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Gitta Fergusson, Andrew Coultas and Andrew Round (Ward Councillor).

2. Declarations of Interest
Nil declared.

3. Dispensations
Nil received.

4. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meetings on Monday 10thJuly 2017 and Tuesday 25th July 2017.
The minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

5. Progress reports:

1. S106 traffic calming scheme
No update was available from Herefordshire Council / Balfour Beatty Living Places but it was noted that the Parish Council would be kept up to date as the scheme progressed.
2. Dog fouling bins
Holmer CofE Academy agreed to run a competition at the school to design ‘dog fouling signs’ for use around the Parish. The Chairman will continue to liaise on this project.
The Clerk will ask Herefordshire Council for information on existing bins across Herefordshire, under Freedom of Information Act if required. The Clerk will also identify if any existing bins could be relocated.

6. Open Session:

1. Report by Ward Councillor
Not available.

2. Public participation (10 minutes)
Members of the public queried the planning process, in particular the type of comments that a Parish Council can make.

7. Footpaths report

1. To consider Herefordshire Council’s Rights of Way Improvement Plan consultation
The Council considered the ROWIP consultation and agreed a response based on the Footpaths Officer’s suggestions.
2. To note Herefordshire Wildlife Trust’s Walk for Wildlife (Saturday 30th September)
The Council agreed to publicise the wildlife walk on their website.

8. Report from the Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) steering group
A short update was given on progress of the NDP. The next meeting of the steering group would be on Wednesday 13th September 2017.

9. Correspondence
The Council considered correspondence received from the Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE Herefordshire). It was agreed to invite CPRE to a future meeting of the Parish Council.

10. Planning

1. 172674 – Land North of Roman Road and West of the A49, Holmer West, Hereford. Various advertisement signage and flags.
No objections were raised by the Parish Council.
2. 172900 – Land off Canon Pyon road, Herefordshire, HR4 7RB. Site for proposed residential development of 9 houses.
It was noted that this planning application falls within the neighbouring Burghill Parish. It was agreed to support Burghill Parish Council’s objections, in particular the concerns over access.

11. To consider Herefordshire Council’s Minerals and Waste Local Plan – Issues and Options Consultation
It was agreed that the Clerk would clarify with Herefordshire Council whether any sites had been identified within the parish.

12. Application for listing ‘The Rosie’ as an Asset of Community Value
The Council considered the application and proposed boundary plan.
Herefordshire Council’s proposed plan was disputed. The Parish Council were in unanimous agreement that the whole of the plot, as recorded by the land registry, had been used in connection with the pub within the last five years and so the whole of the plot should be covered by the ACV listing.
The Clerk would make this position clear to Herefordshire Council and would present such evidence as was available. It was felt that the process adopted by Herefordshire Council had not been transparent and had not adequately taken into account local views.

13. Newsletter
It was agreed to defer the newsletter until Christmas. An informal meeting would be arranged in November to discuss.

14. Burial Ground Regulations
It was agreed that the Clerk would meet with Herefordshire Council to review the Burial Ground Regulations and procedures and report back to the Parish Council.

15. Lengthsman

It was agreed to ask the Lengthsman to cut back around any overgrown road signs throughout the Parish.
It was agreed to ask the Lengthsman to empty rubble from the ditch on the A49 layby by Holmer Church.
It was agreed that the Clerk would contact Highways England again regarding ivy on a lighting column on the A49.
It was agreed that the Clerk would write to Coldwells House, Coldwells Road, regarding the hedge that encroaches onto the road.

16. To consider improving website security with an SSL certificate
The Parish Council agreed to pursue SSL certification for the website.

17. Finance

  1. Clerks salary and expenses – £408.30
  2. HMRC PAYE – £88.80
  3. Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (training) – £240.00
  4. Duncan Smart (petrol) – £5.25
  5. Mark Breedon (burial ground/pond) – £320.00
    The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
  6. Update on transparency funding grant
    The Clerk confirmed that the transparency funding grant (for £550.00) had been successful.
  7. To consider the Clerk’s salary following completion of CiLCA
    The Council reviewed the Clerk’s salary and agreed an increase to salary scale point 25 (NJC 2017) with immediate effect.

18. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
The following matters were agreed for the next agenda:

  • Newsletter
  • Burial Ground Regulations
  • The Rosie
  • NDP
  • Dog fouling bins
  • S106 traffic calming scheme
  • CPRE attendance

19. To consider timing of future Parish Council meetings
It was agreed to continue with 7:00PM meetings.

20. Date of the next meeting
The next meeting would be the 9th October 2017 at 7PM.
The meeting closed at 20:44PM.


Minutes 8th May 2017 Annual Parish Meeting DRAFT