1) HO3 Path from Holmer pond to the A49 strimmed and cleared at the A49 end of the path, by the gate on 3rd August
2) HO8 Path between Roman Road and Attwood Lane – Waterlogging of path reported on Herefordshire Council website on 2nd August- Herefordshire Council ref CAS-628955-G0L5Z9, Balfour Beatty ref 11042867.. Water is draining onto path from between two houses. Followed this up on 21st August – no progress, awaiting inspection
3) HO9 Diverted path from road at White House Farm strimmed/cleared up to stile at SO 516431 on 3rd August
4) HO10 Strimmed/cleared at C1127 road end and at Shelwick Lane end on 3rd August
5) 22nd August walked HO8 from Attwood Lane to The Furlongs, part of HO13 (Munstone Road end) and all of HO14 from Shelwick Lane down to Burcott Farm. The field down to Burcott farm had been harvested so the obstruction logged on the Herefordshire Council website on 8th June had disappeared. However, the cross stile at SO 521425 had deteriorated further, making it even more difficult to cross. Reported on Herefordshire Council website 28th August, reference CAS-645083-R6B7D7 – No Balfour Beatty matching reference provided for this item.
6) 23rd August HO17 checked and cleared/strimmed where required from Roman road to stile at SO 533423 (which had been strengthened slightly by persons unknown). Ideally this stile should be replaced – preferably with a gate.
7) 23rd August Bridleway HO18 light strimming from Roman Road and then clearance continued from gate at SO 5337 4214 north to SO 536427 (across the railway line)
8) 29th August – Re-reported HO13 bridge/stile problem at SO 516425 (wobbly hand rail/rotten stile top rail)
Originally reported on 24th July – Herefordshire Council reference CAS-640780-V5Z5N8. No Balfour Beatty reference provided so re-reported 20th August and given Herefordshire Council reference CRM:0273160. As yet no Balfour Beatty reference has been provided.
There does not appear to be any progress on new finger posts being erected at various path/road junctions or with providing the vital safety rails at the Munstone Road end of footpath HO6.
Addendum to 29th August 2017 Report
1) HO8 Path between Roman Road and Attwood Lane – Waterlogging of path reported on Herefordshire Council website on 2nd August- Herefordshire Council ref CAS-628955-G0L5Z9, Balfour Beatty ref 11042867.. Water is draining onto path from between two houses. Followed this up on 21st August – no progress, awaiting inspection
2) It was suggested to Balfour Beatty that this problem might be a Welsh Water leak. Subsequently water was cut off for a period on Saturday 2nd September and as a result of the work carried out water is no longer flowing into path HO8 and it appears to be drying out.