Notice of Annual Parish Meeting for Holmer and Shelwick
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Parish Meeting will be held at 6:30PM on Monday 20th May 2019 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL
Press and public are cordially invited to attend
1. Introduction and Welcome
2. Apologies for absence
3. To approve the minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting held on 14th May 2018
4. Matters arising
5. To receive a presentation on cyber awareness
6. To receive a report from the Ward Councillor
7. To receive a report from the Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) Steering Group
8. To receive a report from the Footpaths Officer
9. To receive a report from the Police
10. To receive the Annual Report of the Parish Council by the Chairman
11. To invite the public to raise any matters of interest
The Parish Meeting is an opportunity for parishioners on the Electoral Roll for Holmer and Shelwick to raise any matters of concern to them that relates to their local community. It would be helpful to have written notice of any matters to be raised but it is not essential. For any queries, please contact the Clerk to the Parish Council (David Hunter-Miller – Tel. 07513 122918).
All presentations are subject to confirmation.
Chairman, Holmer and Shelwick Parish Council
Councillors are summoned to the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council on Monday 20th April 2019 at 7:00PM, or immediately following the conclusion of the Annual Parish Meeting, at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL
Press and public are cordially invited to attend
1. Declaration of Acceptance of Office: Signing by those members present and to consider deferring signing for any members not present.
2. Election of a Chairman and signing the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
3. Election of a Vice-Chairman
4. Register of Interests: To note the requirement for members to submit a Register of Interests form.
5. Election Expenses: To note the requirement for members to submit a Declaration of Election Expenses return.
6. Apologies for absence: To receive apologies and to approve reasons for absence.
7. Declarations of Interest: With reference to items on the agenda members are reminded of their responsibility to declare interests and to update their register of interests as required.
8. Dispensations: To consider any written dispensations from members who have declared an interest but wish to stay in the meeting during that time to aid discussion / speak / vote.
9. Open Session: The meeting will be adjourned for the open session.
1. Ward Councillor: To receive a report.
2. Footpath Officer: To receive a report.
3. Public participation (10 minutes): At the discretion of the Chairman members of the public will be invited to speak and/or question the Parish Council on issues relating to this agenda or raise issues for future consideration.
10. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on Monday 8th April 2019.
11. Progress reports
1. Bloor Homes, Hereford Point – proposals for care home
2. Bloor Homes, Hereford Point – footpath closure/diversion issues
3. Cycleway/footway, Roman Road
4. Unsafe BT apparatus, Church Way
5. Footway parking
6. Flooding Attwood Lane/Coldwells Road (hole in the verge)
7. Road resurfacing C1125 (Alyestone road roundabout to Shelwick junction)
8. Dog fouling bins
1. Police and Crime Commissioner: To consider the ‘We Don’t Buy Crime’ initiative.
13. Parish matters for discussion/decision
1. Litter picking (Great British Spring Clean): To consider supporting a local litter pick.
2. Grit bins, Dale Drive and Orchard Close: To consider purchase and installation costs.
3. Laptop donation: To consider donation of the Parish Council’s older laptop.
4. Bund, Church Way development: To consider reported issues.
5. Pond, Coldwells Road: To consider maintenance issues.
6. Tree management: To consider the results of the tree hazard survey of the Burial Ground.
7. The Crescent: To report a missing road sign.
1. Neighbourhood Development Plan: To receive an update from the steering group and to consider next steps.
2. P191313/O: Land at Lyde Cross Tree Farm, Munstone, Hereford, HR1 3AE. Application for outline planning permission for the erection of threedetached dwellings and garage with all matters bar access reserved.
3. P191287/RM: Land adjacent to Bannut Tree House, Shelwick Lane, Shelwick, Hereford, HR1 3AH. Reserved matters following outline 161669/O – (Site for proposed development of up to five detached dwellings).
4. P191325/FH: Salou, Belle Bank Avenue, Holmer, Hereford, HR4 9RL. Proposed single storey extension to enclose the existing patio to form a dining/entrance hall.
5. P191163/F: Hope Scott House, Roman Road, Hereford, HR1 1LE. Proposed single storey extension to existing residential shelter and addition of two detached (self-contained) living pods.
15. Annual business as per Standing Orders
1. General Power of Competence: To review eligibility.
2. To review the following policy procedures and documents:
1. Balances and Reserves Policy
2. Burial Ground Memorial Safety Policy
3. Burial Ground Regulations
4. Code of Conduct
5. Equal Opportunities Policy
6. Financial Regulations
8. GDPR Data Protection Policy
9. GDPR Data Security Incident Procedure
10. Retention Policy
11. Standing Orders
12. Tree Management Policy
13. Insurance cover
14. Inventory of Assets
15. Risk Schedule
3. To review appointment to committees and external bodies:
1. Burial Ground Working Group
1. Budget expenditure: To consider and approve.
2. Bank reconciliation: To consider and approve.
3. Certificate of Exemption: To self-certify exemption from external audit.
4. Annual Internal Audit Report: To consider and approve.
5. Annual Governance Statement: To consider and approve.
6. Accounting Statements: To consider and approve.
7. Bank mandate: To review bank signatory arrangements.
8. Schedule of payments: To consider and approve.
17. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda: Councillors may use this opportunity to report minor matters of information and to raise items for future agendas.
18. Date of the next meeting