Notice is hereby given that the Annual Parish Meeting will be held at 7:00pm on Monday 14th May 2018 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL Press and public are cordially invited to attend
1. Introduction and Welcome
2. Apologies for absence
3. To approve the minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting held on 8th May 2017
4. Matters arising
5. To invite the Ward Councillor, Andrew Round, to address the meeting
6. To receive a report from the Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) Steering Group
7. To receive the Annual Report of the Parish Council by the Chairman
8. To invite the public to raise any matters of interest
The Parish Meeting is an opportunity for parishioners on the Electoral Roll for Holmer and Shelwick to raise any matters of concern to them that relates to their local community. It would be helpful to have written notice of any matters to be raised but it is not essential. For any queries, please contact the Clerk to the Parish Council (David Hunter-Miller – Tel. 07513 122918).
All presentations are subject to confirmation.
Councillors are summoned to a meeting of the Parish Council to be held at 7:30PM (approximately) on Monday 14th May 2018 at Holmer Park Health Club & Spa, Cleeve Orchard, Hereford, HR1 1LL Press and public are cordially invited to attend
1. Election of a Chairman and signing the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
2. Election of a Vice-Chairman
3. Apologies for absence: To receive apologies and to approve reasons for absence.
4. Declarations of Interest: With reference to items on the agenda members are reminded of their responsibility to declare interests and to update their Register of Interests as required.
5. Dispensations: To consider any written dispensations from members who have declared an interest but wish to stay in the meeting during that time to aid discussion / speak / vote.
6. Open Session: The meeting will be adjourned for the public open session.
1. Ward Councillor’s Report
2. Footpath Officer’s Report
3. Public participation (10 minutes): At the discretion of the Chairman members of the public will be invited to speak and/or question the Parish Council on issues relating to this agenda or raise issues for future consideration.
7. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on Monday 9th April 2018.
8. Progress reports
1. Dog fouling bins/posters
2. Traffic calming provision (S106)
3. Petition regarding proposed future cycleway on Roman Road
4. Lengthsman contract for services
1. To consider request to support introduction of a lower speed limit / traffic calming at Shelwick
1. P174391/F – Land at Green Farm Shelwick Green Hereford. Demolition of an existing barn and erection of a new dwelling.
2. 180941 (Re-consultation) – Land adjoining Ivydene, Munstone, Herefordshire. Application for Reserved Matters following Outline permission 172671 for two storey dwelling with detached garage.
3. 180634 (Re-consultation) – Land Adjacent To Bramblefield Barn, Munstone, Herefordshire, HR1 3AH. Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval – 162689 Site for proposed single dwelling and garage outbuilding.
4. S106 Funding – To consider any unspent S106 contributions.
5. Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP): To receive an update from the steering group and consider next steps.
6. Planning Committee and delegated powers: To consider a Planning Committee and delegated powers to the Parish Clerk.
11. Parish matters for discussion/decision
1. General Data Protection Regulation: To consider the impact of the GDPR on the Parish Council and to approve relevant policy procedures.
2. Retention Schedule: To consider and adopt a document retention schedule.
3. Newsletter: To discuss the proposed Parish Council newsletter.
4. Lengthsman: To consider the work schedule for the month ahead.
5. Burial Ground: To consider maintenance issues and possible expansion.
12. Annual business as per Standing Orders: To review the following policy procedures and documents:
1. Code of Conduct
2. Equal Opportunities Policy
3. Financial Regulations
4. Standing Orders (NALC’s 2018 revised model)
5. Insurance cover
6. Inventory of Assets
7. Risk Schedule
8. Burial Ground Regulations
1. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £458.72
2. HMRC (PAYE) – £102.00
3. Holmer PCC Centre Account (room hire) – £59.25
4. Duncan Smart (NDP expenses) – £18.99
5. Richard Mills (Lengthsman) – £76.80
6. Came and Company (insurance) – £491.19
7. To note closure of Parish Council’s deposit account and additional £100.00 complaint compensation.
8. To approve forms to remove signatories from the bank mandate
9. To consider and approve the year end accounts
14. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda: Councillors may use this opportunity to report minor matters of information and to raise items for future agendas.
15. Date of the next meeting
A resolution will be passed to exclude members of the public due to the confidential nature of the following item.
16. Employment matters: To review the NJC 2018-2019 National Salary Award.