OFFER TO BUSINESSES IMPACTED BY THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
BUSINESS SUPPORT AND COVID-19 ADVICE
Offering FREE one to one support services for businesses, in partnership with Herefordshire Council the Marches Growth Hub – Herefordshire is a place where businesses can find out more about funding and finance and wider business support available to local Herefordshire businesses, regardless of size or sector, from pre-start to established businesses.
The Marches Growth Hub would like to share the following information with businesses who are concerned about the impact that COVID-19 will have on our business community.
GOVERNMENT AND COUNCIL SUPPORT – updated 26th March 2020
A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees.
This page helps businesses find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) : UK government response
- Coronavirus business interruption loan scheme – https://www.british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/supporting-business-loans-enterprise-finance-guarantee/
- Businesses will be able to access government support from today (Monday 23 March) to keep operating in the face of the global economic emergency brought on by coronavirus. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-business-support-to-launch-from-today
- For individual businesses, the first port of call for advice and support is gov.uk. However, government is also scaling up its Business Support Helpline so businesses in England, of all sizes, can pick up the phone and speak directly to an advisor. The number to call is: 0300 456 3565
- NEW: Cultural Sector Emergency Funding Package announced by the Arts Council – offers individuals and organisation working in the cultural sector new financial support during this crisis- totalling £160m – click link to find out more: live on our website,
- NEW: Companies House -Filing of accounts businesses will be able to apply for a 3-month extension for filing their accounts. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-more-time-to-file-your-companys-accounts
- NEW: Commercial tenants who cannot pay their rent because of COVID-19 will be protected from eviction. Further details are now available
- NEW: Department for International Trade (DIT) support for UK businesses trading internationally. Please click on link to find latest advice for UK businesses that export or deliver goods and services abroad and have been impacted by the spread of COVID-19 has been updated.
- NEW: Employers do not have to report gender pay gaps Enforcement of the gender pay gap reporting deadlines are suspended for this reporting year (2019/20) due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- NEW: How to place a Coronavirus (COVID-19) test kit on the market Forms and guidance on what manufacturers need to do to place test kits on the market.
- HMRC have launched a tax helpline to help businesses concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Find all the information here. The number is 0800 0159 559.
- Companies House has produced guidance if coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected your company and you need more time to file your accounts. Find all the information
- Business rate relief – The Government has announced that it is temporarily increasing the business rates relief discount in England to 100% for 2020-2021 for properties below £51,000 rateable value. As soon as the details have been passed through parliament any changes will be applied and you will be notified accordingly. https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/info/200145/business/358/how_your_business_rates_bill_is_calculated
- Business Grants – there are still Business Grants available and we have listed some of those grants below but there are other funded schemes and programmes available – just ask your local Growth Hub.
- Business Growth Programme – https://www.marchesgrowthhub.co.uk/directory/v/-318
- Marches Building Investment Grant – https://www.marchesgrowthhub.co.uk/directory/v/-207
- BEEP – https://www.marchesgrowthhub.co.uk/directory/v/-183
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING ADVICE
Every Mind Matters – https://www.wisherefordshire.org/mentalhealth
Emergency Planning Team Herefordshire Council (Business Continuity)