Here is our response to Edward Thomas at Hereford Council Panning Office
Holmer and Shelwick Parish council object to this application for the following reasons:
1) As the site was the first major site allocated under the core strategy study and the core strategy is under challenge this application is premature and should be held over until the core strategy is implemented.
2) The application will cause a major increase in traffic to the Roman Rd and the A49 and subsequently the starting gate roundabout which is already at capacity.
3) Flooding to the Roman Rd from the Aylesbrook brook has not been addressed.
4) No provisions have been made for the affect this development will have on local schools.
5) No provisions have been made for the effect on local Dr Surgeries.
6) No shops have been included in the site meaning that people will have to use the car to go to the shop making this unsustainable.
7) There is nothing in the site showing where people from this site will work.
8) There are major concerns that the road going through the development will be used as a short cut from the A49 and this will be a major safety concern.
If you wish to remind yourself with what was said at the 30th March meeting *Click Here* to see the Minutes.
* Planning application details*